ALCONIX VENTURES stays relevant and agile in times of change, invests in brilliant startups in the Materials and Manufacturing sector (what we call, “M&M tech”), and provides post-investment support to create both business synergies and capital gains.
[ Materials ]
The Material industry, including non-ferrous metals, is undergoing rapid change with new technologies and innovations.
In response to the social needs, new materials and high-performance materials are in demand for their safety, higher precision, and functionality with reduced environmental impact.
Examples: Lithium-ion battery components for EVs, drive motor components, 5G communication devices, terminal devices, components, etc.
[ Manufacturing ]
The Manufacturing industry is also constantly evolving under rapid technological change and a highly competitive environment.
Robotics and automation, IoT, AI are in demand for less labor, more safety, with reduced environmental impact.
Examples: Automated visual inspection systems, advanced personal assistant robots, AI material informatics, etc.
- We invest mainly in seed to early stage startups.
(30% seeds, 40% early, 20% middle, and 10% later, roughly estimated.)
- We also invest in University and Institutional startups.
Sectors (M&M tech)
- Electronics: Structural Materials, Semiconductors, etc.
- Energy sectors under revolutionary changes: Batteries, Fuel Cells, Motors, Heat Exchangers, etc.
- Basic technologies to revolutionize manufacturing process: Material Informatics, AI, etc.
- Innovative Manufacturing Technologies and Equipments: Robotics and Inspection devices that drastically save labor and increase production efficiency, etc.
Covers both domestic and overseas, North America and Europe, East Asia to the Middle East